A series of walks looking at local countryside and making use of local footpaths.
If you are interested in furthering your knowledge and understanding of the local environment in and around Potters Bar, then these walks should appeal.
Our aims are:-
- To foster people's interest in the local area.
- To keep local rights of way in use.
- To include people with a wide range of ability.
- To make our walks accessible by public transport, where possible.
|Sun Aug 21st||1:30pm near The Woodman PH Wildhill (TL 263 068)|
|Route:||Walk Barbers Lodge Farm, Nine Acre Wood, Essendon Brook, Harefield Wood.||8km 5m|
|Sun Sep 4th||1:30pm at bus stop at junction of Church Road and Osborne Road Potters Bar (TL 257021)|
|Route:||Walk to Thornton Road, Leggatts Park to Gobions Wood. Return via Hawkshead Lane, Boltons Farm and Mountway.||6.4km 4m|
|Sun Sep 18th||1:30pm at North Mymms Church (TQ 223044)|
|Route:||Walk to War Memorial, Tollgate Farm, Colney Heath Farm to Coursers Farm and return via Redwell Wood Farm, Potwells and Cangsley Grove.||8.8km 5.5m|
|Sun Oct 2nd||1:30pm at Potters Bar Station (at the taxi rank/ Sainsbury side).|
|Route:||Walk a circular walk to Brookmans Park and around Gobions Nature Reserve and return.||9.6km 6m|
|Sun Oct 16th||1:30pm at Roestock Lane, near junction with Bullens Green Lane (TL214064, postcode AL4 0QW).|
|Route:||Walk 'Places & Spaces in North Mymms - Walk 1' - To Bullens Green , then Tollgate Farm, Water End and return via Welham Green and Community Forest.||8km 5m|
|Sun Oct 30th||1:30pm at Little Berkhamsted cricket ground opposite Five Horseshoes pub.|
|Route:||Walk to Bucks Alley, Bayford Woods, Stockings Lane, Robins Nest Hill, and return to Little Berkhamsted.||7.2km 4.5m|
|Sun Nov 13th||1:30pm at School Lane, Essendon at junction with High Road (TL 275086) (Please park toward school end of lane).|
|Route:||Walk Essendon, golf course, Lttle Berkhamsted, Howe Green and return to Essendon.||9.6km 6m|
|Sun Nov 27th||1:30pm at footpath entrance to Whitewebbs Wood, Whitewebbs Road (opposite Sloemans Farm).|
|Route:||Walk Forty Hall through Whitewebbs and return via Hilly Fields and Clay Hill.||8km 5m|
|Sun Dec 11th||1.30pm at Dixons Hill Close, Welham Green - park near motorway (TL 225048).|
|Route:||Walk 'Places & Spaces in North Mymms - Walk 2' - walk to Mymms Park and return via Warrengate and Water End.||6.4km 4m|
|Sun Dec 25th||No walk.|
|Sun Jan 8th||1.30pm at White Hart PH South Mimms.|
|Route:||Walk Blackhorse Lane - Boundary Path - North Mymms. Return via Potwells.||8km 5m|
|Sun Jan 22nd||1.30pm at Monken Hadley, by Church near common.|
|Route:||Walk Hadley Wood Road, Jack's Lake. Return via Monken Hadley Common.||7.2km 4.5m|
|Sun Feb 5th||1:30pm in front of Furzefield Centre, Mutton Lane, Potters Bar.|
|Route:||Walk railway path, Bradmore Lane, Waterend, Warrengate Farm, Furzefield Wood..||7.2km 4.5m|
|Sun Feb 19th||1:30pm at Pooleys Lane, Welham Green, AL9 7LF (TL 230059). Park opposite bungalows.|
|Route:||Walk Potterells Farm, Waterend, North Mymms Church, Tollgate Farm, Delsome Lane.||6.4km 4m|
- All walks start at 1:30pm.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions please telephone the number given for the walk as it may have to be cancelled.
- Walks from March will include a break.
- Non-members are welcome.
- All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will be responsible for their care.
- Walkers are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- You should not walk ahead of the walk leader without invitation nor leave the group without advising the walk leader.
- You are responsible for carrying your own supplies including first aid equipment, any required medication and adequate water.
- You are responsible for ensuring your fitness and preparedness for the walk. This includes suitable footwear with adequate tread and appropriate clothes eg to avoid bites/stings or sunburn. If in doubt about your fitness or the requirements of the walk, please contact the leader for advice prior to the walk.
- People with medication needs and/or disabilities which may cause problems during the walk must also contact the leader prior to the walk.
- On public roads where there are no footpaths, you should normally walk on the right hand side of the road in single file. When crossing fields, you should normally stay in single file.
- Any dogs should be kept under control and not allowed to interfere with the walk.
- You should not leave any litter.